Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I've been lurking around this website for over a year now and I finnaly made an account a day ago :lol:

I got my hedgehog a little over 2 weeks ago, and there's been a conisisent problem with him.
Ever since I brought him home, he's seems to lick his nose a whole lot (maybe once or twice a minute, more or less), not to metion sneezing a lot. His nose is very moist, but I don't think there's any mucus involved.

Should this go away?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Re: Licking his nose and sneezing too much??

Yep, vet asap. If this has been going on for 2 weeks, he needs a vet now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Licking his nose and sneezing too much??

Just a quick little update -

I'm going to the vet later today to have Kipper checked out.

I talked to my breeder and she said it's really not as bad (he's acting perfectly fine, other then some days he licks his nose and sneezes more than other days), as I ended up thinking, but still should have a vet visit.

I'll update you guys later.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O.k got back from the vet.

Turns out everythings fine.

Kipper hasn't even sneezed in a couple days and has gotten somewhat better, but the vet still prescribed him some antibiotics for a runny nose, just to make sure.

It's funny, I was trying to give him the oral medicine, and he annointed with it. The foam has a pink tint to it and got all over his belly. On another note, it was a pain in the neck to give him the medicine, but I think it worked out fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts