Hedgehog Central banner

Letters to my Hedgehog

14K views 89 replies 36 participants last post by  MeowHype 
#1 ·
Dear little hedgehog,

If you love running, but hate running with too-long nails, why do you put up such a fight against getting your nails trimmed? See how much farther you ran last night after I ambushed you in broad daylight to trim your nails? Now, please let me finish your front left foot without eating the nailclippers.

Love,
Your human

#78 ·
My distrustful friend,

I promise, that's your co-keeper. He just tried a new job today, and smells funny. I can smell the cleaning goop, too, but I promise you, he's still your co-keeper. And he has a mealworm.

Stop huffing, hiding, and trying to run away, and go eat your mealworm.

Use more than your nose,
Your omnipotent human

#79 ·
Dear Mr. Huffs A Lot,

I don't understand why you act like you're mean before I pick you up. Your huffing and puffing is no use for this human that wants to give you snuggles! You love kisses on your forehead, you can't deny it.

Love,
Your loving mommy.

#80 ·
Dear Cha-cha,

Two nights ago for the first time you cuddled right in my arm instead of on a fleece in my lap, but last night you acted like that never happened. However, you didn't realize that I took proof of the incident and if you continue to deny it I will show it to all my friends:

Sincerely,
The one you secretly admire

#85 ·
Dearest Nara,

Was it really necessary to grab my bookmark out of my book and carry it away with you?

It was fun to watch you use the magazine as a slide. You are actually on the verge of becoming playful!

Your amazed mommy,

ML

#86 ·
My overworked friend,

I spent months worrying about your decreased running, visiting the vet, changing your wheels, upping the temperature, modifying your diet, all to no avail. Finally, I take you with me on a weekend island escape, and you run for over 6 hours at top speed, only stopping when you cracked your wheel.

You could have just told me you wanted a vacation!

I'll buy you a new wheel today,
Your travel coordinator

#89 ·
Skullmageddon,
I know you lived in a house with 3 year old twin boys. I am sure that was a bit stressfull as they played with you daily. I do my best to wait till after dark to visit with you and I love that you sleep so soundly in my armpit. One thing, however I do require you to change. You do not need to bite me just because you are under a blanket and you see my finger. IT HURTS! So please. No bites. I'll just snugg you more anyway.

Nommy fingers the mommy

#90 ·
My dearest Skullmageddon,

The world does too exist! you can't sleep it away!

~mum

Reactions: The_Senator
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.