Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was giving my hedgehog a bath last night and noticed a strange bump on his right side forehead. I provided some pictures of him and the infected area. I’m hoping to take him to see the Vet ASAP. He hasn’t had any major health issues before and behaviorally he seems happy and himself, sleeps during normal hours, and eats his food daily.

Please let me know if anyone has had a similar situation or has advice about what to do next.

Thanks!
Hedgehog Hair Head Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog

Hedgehog Hair Erinaceidae Head Domesticated hedgehog
Hair Plant Natural material Fawn Whiskers

Wood Natural material Grass Grass family Event

·
Administrator
3,831 Posts
Take him to the vet and have it examined. Its impossible for us to tell what it is. I've seen spots that look like that that are just an ingrown quill or a cyst that needed lanced and drained. I've also had spots that turned out to be tumors. Its best to go for a visit to see if the vet finds it to be abnormal cell growth or just an infection that needs treated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take him to the vet and have it examined. Its impossible for us to tell what it is. I've seen spots that look like that that are just an ingrown quill or a cyst that needed lanced and drained. I've also had spots that turned out to be tumors. Its best to go for a visit to see if the vet finds it to be abnormal cell growth or just an infection that needs treated.
Hello! Thank you so much for your advice. I have since set up a Vet visit and will continue to monitor him in the meantime. I’ll update as soon as I know more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts