Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I took in this adorable rescue yesterday...so I have now had her a total of 27 hours. I have noticed a itty bitty are that the quills are missing...when she is balled up you can't see it at all. But she seems very itchy to me, so I was going to stop at the vet tomorrow morning and get a tube of kitten revolution. How do you go about treating this? Do you just apply the .03mls once and that is that, or do I need to re-apply in a time frame?
Also, she is asleep now and I noticed what I think is a little lump on her back. NOT 100% sure, but was wondering if hedgies are prone to cancers? Just wanted to know! I am going to the vet tomorrow to get the revolution and at that time try and schedule an appointment to see the exotics doctor. Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I'd schedule an appointment for her and get the lump checked out. Hedgehogs are prone to cancer.

The dosage of Revolution is 1 drop (.01ml) per 400grams of weight. It is a one time application but if she has a serious outbreak, I'd do another dose 3.5 -4 weeks from the first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to take her in, I just need the appt. I wanted to get the revolution on her ASAP since I have other pets, I am most worried about my sugar gliders, they were my babies 1st. But Buttons is #2...well #2, cause really my boys (dogs) are #1. LOL. No matter what, they are all my children, from growls, barks, crabs to pokes, they are all my kids!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts