Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, i am so sorry or bothering but recently i just found a baby hedgehog that was being stalked by a fox, i took it in and bought an enclosure for it. What is a good kiln dried wood based litter solution if its okay to ask. I know t needs to be kiln dried to make sure the oils won't harm the hedgehog. I have some pets at home "natural pine fragrance" wood pellets but i can't say for 100% certain if its kiln dried, does anyone know of any brands? again, sorry for bothering.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi, you're not bothering! Welcome :)
First, I would suggest staying away from pine and cedar wood shavings, even if kiln dried. I think it's not just the sap it's also the dust and chemicals stirred up by these woods that irritate airways and cause infections. I could be wrong as it has been a while but that is what I remember! I would not suggest using the natural pine fragrance shavings you have based on that.
If possible, I would suggest paper bedding or some sort of waterproof liner. I used my own fleece liners but puppy pads would likely work just fine.
Secondly, as this is a wild hedgehog (or so it sounds based on your post), I would recommend looking into wildlife rescues to take in and to rehabilitate the little guy. Good job on rescuing it from the fox though! I'm sure it is very appreciated lol!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts