Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Just want to ask what are their colors. Im having hard time identifiying it. Thank you!

Here's the pictures
A.

B.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thanks! Yup their cute especialy the one on the top. His my favorite. :)

I saw a post here by free2dream asking for color identification, when i saw the picture its kind of the same with the one on top. Even his description matches. Could it be possible they have the same color? Just wondering..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh. I see. Its just when i read the description that he gave it matches with him that why it made me think. Hehe. Just a thought though. Thanks lizardgirl! I appreciate it.

@shetland here's some more

this was when they're still small

·
Registered
12 Posts
LizardGirl said:
IMO Free2Dream's hedgie looks nothing like the one you have here. :lol:
I agree, Free2Dream's has all white quills mixed in, yours has light bands (probably white ones too, but the banded ones are very light)

To me it looks more similar to the one I posted asking if it was champagne, though yours has a bit darker of a face.

I think B is champagne, but I'm not sure about A. I'm hoping the great Bryan shows up for some input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see. Thanks for clearing it up..
No he's not champagne because he has black eyes unlike the one in picture b she has red/ruby eyes

·
Registered
12 Posts
From my understanding, if one of the color requirements isn't met it can still be that color. That being said, the mask and nose are also too dark to be champagne (I think). I guess it could be a brown with really really pale quills.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SpinySquadron said:
From my understanding, if one of the color requirements isn't met it can still be that color. That being said, the mask and nose are also too dark to be champagne (I think). I guess it could be a brown with really really pale quills.
Really? Then even if the 2nd pic were to have black eyes she still could be considered champagne?

@shetland
:D :D :D

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
No, no, you can definitely not mix up eye color. Eye color must match the base color or be pinto'ed and technically the matching color underneath.

You can have varying shades for noses and quills and still be one color that the other color indicators point to. If you have a hedgehog that points to chocolate from each indicator but has a bit lighter of a nose, it is still chocolate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You mean there are indicators that are constant and the shade of the quills and nose may differ from one another and you have to base the color through these constant indicators like the eyes for instance?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Well, eye color is just one of those obvious things that you can't mix around. You can't have an albino with black eyes. You can't have a grey with pink eyes. You can't have a champagne with black eyes. The color of the eyes is tied to the skin/quill/other color and should match accordingly. You can have hedgehogs whose quills appear too light for brown, and the hedgehog can still be considered brown because its eyes, skin, and nose all look brown. You have to look at overall what the hedgehog most looks like. If one thing is off but the rest are all very clearly pointing at a certain color, you go with what the majority of the indicators are pointing to.

As for using eyes to ID color, it does help. If you see a lighter hedgie that has dark eyes, you can eliminate all colors that have pink/red/ruby eyes. If you see one that has ruby eyes, you know it's not a color that should have black eyes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I see. Thanks for the enlightment. Im learning from this :D.. Hehe.. Color identification sure is complicated

1 - 18 of 18 Posts