Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i'm watching this adorable little guy for a friend, and possibly adopting him after (her schedule has grown too thick to continue watching him). while watching him, i noticed a few quirks. for one, he never ever ever balls up. he'll puff and puff. sticking his quills on end and giving signs for those he doesn't know (i.e. my brothers) to back off, but he won't ball up. he also never sits still once he's out of his cage (the above pictures are my only pictures of him sitting still- i'm serious), however once he's in his cage he burrows under my t-shirt and lies there until the lights go out or i wake him for some reason. I know he runs on his wheel at night because i hear it for sure, but i never see him on it. he always seems to jump off before i can catch a look. idunno, maybe they're all normal things. i'm just really worried. i'd hate it if the cute lil sweetie was sick somehow. thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My hedgehog also is quite squirmy, and never balls up on the ground- only when I try to pick her up and she's annoyed. From what you say, he just sounds active, like mine. Lethargy is a lot more of a worry than being active, so as long as he's eating and drinking properly, I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My hedgehog snow always balls up when I go to get her out of the cage while my other hedgehog frost just looks confused.its helpful that snow balls up if not I wouldn't know the difference between the 2 lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts