Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I'm interested in getting a hedgehog but when I went to the pet shop and saw these cute critters, they only seemed to be sitting around. So, before I jump to the punch and buy one right away, I have some questions.

- Do hedgehogs smell? Could I keep one in my room without it smelling like shavings, pet shops, or poop?

- Hedgehogs are nocturnal, so is there really a point to having it as a pet? It'll sleep all day and then be up at night...

- What can you do with a hedgehog? I know there are wheels and stuff but is it like a hamster or stuff? How much activity does it require?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you guys! I do love hedgehogs, they're adorable! But when we went to the pet shop, my parents kind of brought it all down by saying those things and stuff like they didn't want to waste money on something that would just sit around all day and keep me up at nights.
For the record, we have a dog, so we are dog people...but I want a hedgehog so bad!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.