Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If you have a quiet wheel then it really doesn't keep you up. If you're up late anyway or wake up early in the morning you can have social time then. Just keep in mind that intertacing during the day will usually = hedgehog sleeping on you (which is cute but maybe boring depending on what you want). Also you usually can't pet a hedgehog some will let you but a lot don't like it and will just ball up. They are a very unique animal and you have to be pretty open to a new experience to enjoy them.

Reasons I love Quigley and things we do together. I love feeding him treats and watching him gobble them up and sometimes anoint with them. I like watching him run around in his playpen early in the morning or late at night. I like snuggling when we watch movies or TV shows (he falls asleep on my tummy, arm, or hand). He lets me rub his nose (from the tip to his forehead) and sometimes put my hand on his back. We like going for walks together and investigating smells at the park and pet store (when it's warm enough). He likes climbing up my shoulder and digging at my hair and anointing with it. I like putting him in the bath with a bit of water and putting my feet in it so he can run around my feet and play in the water (not all hedgehogs like water).

Downsides = clipping nails is a pain, giving meds when they get sick, vet bills when they get sick, finding food and measuring/counting it all out so you know how much they are eating, cleaning a poopy wheel daily, cleaning poopy feet, keeping the play space and the cage warm enough and worrying about it being warm enough. Not being able to travel without the hedgehog or someone to look after him (my parents say he has more stuff than a baby which is true), scrubbing the cage out when he decides it's a good idea to spread a mush of food, poop, water and pee all over the floor of the cage.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.