the vet gave mustard a shot of ivermectin about 12 hours ago. im really freaking out right now. what should i look out for? or is there anything i can do at this point? i dont think anything out of the ordinary is happening at the moment but im really worried.
Keep an eye out for any abnormal behavior at all. Ivermectin works through paralyzing the mites, and the reason it's dangerous is because an overdose can then paralyze the hedgie (from what I've read). So if she seems stiff or has trouble moving at all, I'd get her to a vet immediately. Do not get any more injections of Ivermectin, get some kitten Revolution instead to use for mites. It's applied topically and very difficult (almost impossible) to overdose on.