Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to remind new owners that it really is important to have two or more foods for your hedgie. Lily is on Spike's Delight Premium and Wellness Indoor Health (gonna add a couple more soon here, just have to go get them), and in the last few days she's decided that she doesn't like the Spike's Delight very much. She still eats some, but not very much. Instead, she's been eating almost all of the Wellness I put in there. I just wanted to share this as an example of why it is important to have at least two foods, in case your hedgie decides to go on strike on one of them. :)

·
Administrator
3,603 Posts
How long have you had the Spike's Delight and is it possibly close to its use by date? I have had a few hedgehogs over the years that would start picking around a certain type of food. Often if I bought a fresh bag they would resume eating that food again. As foods age they may still be ok, but our more picky eaters will notice that they don't taste as good and stop eating them.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm....I can't find a use by date on the bag, actually. I think I've had it for maybe two months by now, and it's getting close to being gone. I'm hoping that if Lily will switch over to a couple new foods in the next couple of weeks, that I can take the Spike's out, because I have to order it from Missouri and it's a bit expensive. So I don't really want to order a new bag right now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts