Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to bake him some sort of a "cake" for his birthday...

Anyone have any ideas for recipes? :D

Or should I just give him a couple of extra mealies, since those seem to be the only snacks he likes? :lol:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I was thinking of this too recently, I have one coming up in a few months for Sandra.

What I was thinking is boiling some chicken and mincing it up after it cools. You can mix up an egg with it and then mash it into a small Pattie/Cake shape and cook it on a non stick skillet for a few minutes to cook the egg and bind it. Then for decoration you can make a vegetable or fruit puree out of some of Kashi's favorites, put them in baggies and clip the corner to write on it or to put flowers or whatever :) Maybe add a "mealie candle" lol

Maybe I have thought about this a little too much :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hedgieonboard said:
I was thinking of this too recently, I have one coming up in a few months for Sandra.

What I was thinking is boiling some chicken and mincing it up after it cools. You can mix up an egg with it and then mash it into a small Pattie/Cake shape and cook it on a non stick skillet for a few minutes to cook the egg and bind it. Then for decoration you can make a vegetable or fruit puree out of some of Kashi's favorites, put them in baggies and clip the corner to write on it or to put flowers or whatever :) Maybe add a "mealie candle" lol

Hmm maybe I'll try that, but he doesn't even really eat chicken or egg :?
Or maybe I'll just have a photoshoot with Kashi wearing a little party hat :lol:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hedgieonboard said:

Mmmm....if you cut out the mealies, it sounds good to me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts