Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a hedgehog soon once I save up the money and I've been wanting one for 3 years now. I've been researching lots and for food I'm thinking about using Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Diets Cat Food Grain Free, Green Pea & Duck and BLUE Freedom Grain Free Chicken Indoor Cat Food. The average protein is about 31% and the fat is around 13% and the fibre is around 5.5%
I'm just wondering if this is good or what I should change it too. I would love some feedback :3 (plus first time trying hedgehog central I really like it so far :D)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I can't help you with the food since I'm not an expert like others here but I do have something to add.

You said you are waiting to save enough money to buy a hedgehog, you need to make sure you have more than enough money. People think they are not expensive but they can be, you need the cage, wheel, carrier, CHE, lamp, bedding, hiding things and most important, vet insurance and vet fund which should be min. $200.

You need to be sure to have all that to cover their needs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, so yah I'm saving up about 500-600 and if I do need an extra 100 my parents would be willing to pay for it. But I have looked at prices and have an approximate idea of how much it will cost. Also I already have some things like a carrier and some other stuff I'm thinking if using for it.
But thanks for the help •v•

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
The easiest way to deal with diet, is start where they are. If they are on a mix it's even easier. Look at what they are currently eating and evaluate those foods. You may like them all. Or maybe not. But if you don't, pick the one you like the least gradually replace it with a new food.
If memory serves me correctly those foods were OK, but it's been awhile since I looked them up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.