Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the cage http://www.petcentreonline.co.uk/ecommerce/Scripts/prodView~idproduct~45.htm
Im sure that it is fine in size but the only thing im worried about is im not sure if it has a side door and if it doesnt then it is going to be harder to take the hedgehog out of the cage and things like that alos he wont be able to come out on his own? i know the ZooZone cage is recomended thats why im getting it but what do you think?
and tips or advice and what it the wire or bars at the end of the cage? has any one had this cage before and whats it like just pleas i need a little help!!

thanks xx :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
i dont think that wold provide adequate ventalation fora hedgie, plus it has to be 2 ft minimum, after acessories, and everything is added, and what do you mean by hedgehog coming out on its own? like climbing out of the cage at any time? or what do you mean by that? plus it seems it is more for a gieuna pig, because of the hay guard, :? if i got sumthing mixed up, sum one correct/clarify :D

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Hedgehog madness x said:
Here is the cage http://www.petcentreonline.co.uk/ecommerce/Scripts/prodView~idproduct~45.htm
Im sure that it is fine in size but the only thing im worried about is im not sure if it has a side door and if it doesnt then it is going to be harder to take the hedgehog out of the cage and things like that alos he wont be able to come out on his own? i know the ZooZone cage is recomended thats why im getting it but what do you think?
and tips or advice and what it the wire or bars at the end of the cage? has any one had this cage before and whats it like just pleas i need a little help!!

thanks xx :D
I would not use that cage.
U could try to search the forums for some help instead of making so many post :D

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
The zoozone cages actually are not recommended because of limited ventilation, and the fact that it only opens on the top. The "side" door you are seeing is a hay feeder for guinea pigs, which a hedgie can't use. Depending on the wheel you are getting, it is likely the wheel wouldn't fit in it as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh all the websites i have been reading has said the ZooZone cage was mostly recomended because it hasnt got wires and they are not aloud wires in the cage aparontly..so what type of cage would be ok?

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Look at the cage examples thread. Look at the stickies at the top of each forum. Lots of them will answer most of these questions you keep asking.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I can't recall ever seeing ZooZones recommended. They are poorly ventilated and the plastic is brittle and cracks easily. They also don't fit any of the hedgehog sized wheels.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I actually was in a pet store yesterday describing to my mom why i didn't think this cage is appropriate. It is a very low cage. Unless you had a flying saucer a wheel wouldn't fit in it. Also doesn't look like good ventilation at all. Plus with the high solid coloured sides your hedgie can't see out & see what's going on. (ok so that's just a bit of a pref thing, :roll: but I've caught Sylvie watching me through her bin)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL cute ok im thinking of getting another cage now :D are ones with wires ok as because im worried they will be able to squish through the wires and excape as a website said?
because i like this cage allot http://www.petsathome.com/find/category ... -is-16909# Do you think this ones ok then?
The size is 47 x 64.5 x 118cm in CM .....Also i would kind of like the yellow house to come out and replace it with something differant so do you think it could?
just do you think it is a ok cage?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I think you should just stop looking at whatever "website" you are getting this information from. It was clearly wrong before, which means the rest probably is as well.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If you would actually look where everyone has been telling you to look, you'd find that all of your questions have been answered. Yes, it's a fine cage. Wire cages with a solid plastic base are very popular.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LizardGirl said:
If you would actually look where everyone has been telling you to look, you'd find that all of your questions have been answered. Yes, it's a fine cage. Wire cages with a solid plastic base are very popular.
Thanks i just wanted to know if any of those cages were ok.. Im new to this forum and not sure how everything works yet so i wasnt really sure at the begining what people where talkin about but now i do lol :D but i didnt find any Topics that had already involved those 2 cages i had stated?

oh well thanks x

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Hedgehog madness x said:
LizardGirl said:
Thanks i just wanted to know if any of those cages were ok.. Im new to this forum and not sure how everything works yet so i wasnt really sure at the begining what people where talkin about but now i do lol :D but i didnt find any Topics that had already involved those 2 cages i had stated?

oh well thanks x
If U can't find it here :D there is another site called Chins and Hedgies maybe the people on there can also help U :mrgreen:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have found the anwser i was looking for on here though in the end :)

But thanks for that website anyway as it had some useful info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts