1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got:

Little Sterlite bin for sleeping

-Plastic Igloo
-Fluffy bed (I don't know what the brand is, I just call it "The Fluffy Bed")
- Shirt to curl up in

Big Sterelite bin

-Wheel
-Food and water dish
-Extra space to do whatever

Is it okay to use rubber bath mats as bedding? It doesn't seem to bother him much, it's easy to clean, and it's nice and flat.

I use paper towels for litter.

And also, his wheel is beginning to be a big pain in the back (literally) to clean. Is there an easy-to-clean cake walk wheel out there that anybody recommends?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Take a look at some of the cake walk wheel sold on here. Generally cake walk wheels are easier to clean than commercial wheels because they don't have the rivets or ridges in them. I know mine I just shoot with some 50/50 vinegar & water solution, whip it down & ta-da. Don't even need to take it out of the cage. (50/50 drips into litter pan which I then wipe down as well).

How are you connecting the two cages? Make sure the shirt has no loose threads on it that toes can get caught on.

I don't know about using rubber bath mats. My concern would be the temperature (ie. plastic/rubber being cooler than liners/bedding) but past that I can't really speak to it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are no loose threads in the shirt, and I am thinking about buying the Carolina storm wheel.
And I'm connecting the bins with PVC piping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts