Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I'm finally on the subject of food. I've read many topics and threads about this, and it's so so so confusing!

Anyways, I plan on buying the following for my mix:

-Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck- 2.5lb bag

-Castor & Pollux Natural Ultramix Indoor Feline-3lb bag

-Newman's Own Organics The Second Generation: Adult Cat Formula- 3lb bag

Are the above three good options for a mix?
Is 8.5lbs of food a good amount, and will it last a while?

Thanks for all who post! I appreciate everyone's patience and help towards welcoming a hedgehog into my home :D
xxx Emily

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Yep, that is a good mix.

It will last for a long time. Consider that your hedgie will eat up to 1/2 cup or so of food a night (likely less than that).

I haven't ever ran out of food, I always run into the expiration dates before then and then the mice just eat whatever is left.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I bought the smallest bag (6 lbs I believe) available of Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul Lite for my two hedgies and it has lasted them for several months. I believe I purchased it in August and they are just finally getting to the bottom 2 inch layer of the bag. I'm going to look for a container to keep the food more air-tight because it is lasting so long.

Hope this helps, and my hedgies love that food if you are still looking for a third option. Its not junk food but mine sure eat it up.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Ditto to what has already been said.

I just wanted to add to be sure that you only introduce 1 new food at a time. So you get a chance to see how she reacts to the food. Whether she likes it or not, and whether she has an allergic reaction to it or not. And since she'll be going through the stress of adjusting to a new home, don't want to overwhelm her tummy too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear that it's a good mix! It's been so stressful, haha.

krbshappy71
Is Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul Lite all that you feed your hedgies? Or do you mix it with some other food? Because I was sort of looking for a food that I didn't have to mix if at all possible, so I was just wondering if this food worked alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.