Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been using Hedgehog Precision’s food, and I just want to make sure it’s a good and healthy food to use. I want to make sure it meets all the requirements of a healthy and good food for hedgehogs.

·
Registered
I have one female hedgehog named Remi
63 Posts
So, I have been using Hedgehog Precision’s food, and I just want to make sure it’s a good and healthy food to use. I want to make sure it meets all the requirements of a healthy and good food for hedgehogs.
I am in no way an expert on diets at all, but I do know that foods made for hedgehogs tend to not be the best. They don’t cover all the dietary needs of hedgehogs. Again, I don’t know much and you will probably get better information from some more educated people!

·
Registered
Holly was 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,262 Posts
Unfortunately most food made for hedgehogs are no good, especially for our pets. Most are made to supplement the wild diet, and even then some are full of way too much rubbish to be good for them.

Have a read of this Beginner's Guide to Hedgehog Nutrition
Its full of great information, which will give you the information to make a great mix for your hedgehog.

You can have a look through other pinned threads through the forum that are always full of brilliant information to help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hedgehog Precision has been specifically recommended by my breeder. I agree with the previous comments in that most hedgehog food (like you see at pet stores and on Amazon) are not good for pet hedgehogs, but Hedgehog Precision is different. It is made by someone who has owned and bred African pygmy hedgehogs for decades and is the result of many years of research to create the best food for pet hedgehogs, unlike other brands on the market that are more for rehabilitation for wild hedgehogs temporarily in captivity and mistakenly marketed for pets. Hedgehog Precision is easier and healthier for hedgehogs than cat food and they have good snack options as well. You can read about their history online as well. But they're the only hedgehog-specific food I'd recommend. And no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way 😂 I just swear by them after doing my own research and talking with my breeder. My baby Komaki loves their food and treats and she's very healthy on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts