Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
It doesn't look normal to me. How long has he been doing this? Is it possible he could have injured himself? I would take him to the vet to make sure his leg is not dislocated or something...
Best of luck,
Susan H.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
My Roll started walking similar to that with one leg and it was a soft tissue injury. He did very pronounced steps with the one leg. It would be odd to have an injury in both legs but is there any chance he has fallen?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's been doing it for 3 days. He didn't fall. There was a time that he fell but that was a very very very very very very long time ago. That was a foot high and he balled up before he reached the ground. I don't think it's the reason. Also, there's a hard thing i found in his belly fur. Looked like a liquid that had dried up. I don't know if it's sperm or what. I don't think I can bring him to vet asap coz it's holiday. I watched some videos of hedgehogs with WHS in youtube, but that's very different from my hedgie. I'm thinking if mine is just starting up..

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Your guy looks like he'es making pronounced steps like we do when walking through tall grass or snow. It looks like his joints aren't rotating the way they should. At this point it doesn't look like WHS and there is no way to tell if it is or not.

I'd keep his wheel out for a few days and see if it helps. If it is an injury, a few days minus the wheel might help it heal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, you got it right. He does those pronounced steps. He doesn't have wheel in his cage coz it's not available in the market. What I do is I just let him out on the floor, under supervision of course. Sometimes when he slightly sits , front legs straight, just like standing, and back legs slightly folded, best example is when hedgehogs drink from the water bottle (front part of the body is higher than the back), his back legs are kind of sliding outwards(but not into a total split of course) just like when the floor is slippery, but it is not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went to the vet together with my whole family lolz.

I don't know the right term for this but the vet sort of massaged my hedgie's legs and feet gently and she was trying to feel every bone to see if there's something wrong. She said that everything's fine and there's nothing wrong with his feet. And we talked about stuffs.

I payed her for about 6$ (It's a lot if you would convert it to our currency) so my father kind of disagreed with me because the vet did nothing special aside from just touching my hedge and i would pay her just for that???

But for me, I would like it more that way than to pay for something because my pet is actually ill.

When I came home, I let my little hedge roam around my room and thank God, he's now walking normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts