Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I got our little african pygmy hedgehog back at the end of Jan, when she was 8 weeks old

Now 6 months old, she is a happy healthy lil hoggle who likes to spend late night playing on her big wheel then spend the day sleeping while my wife and I are at work. then after dinner time, I wake her up softly with sound of my voice and pull back her fleece and after a kibble, pick her up and she's sit on mines or my wives chest and cuddle in and nap some more.
Or if we need both hands, like when I want to game, in her snuggie and she sleeps near top to keep an eye on things.

My main question is this.

When holding her in my hands near my chest, she's happily sit while I pet her or give her a little chest tickle. She's make cute wiffling noises and put her head between two of my fingers, I originally though this meant she wants to be petted gently across the head. But does anyone else hedgehog do this? What does it mean??

We love her very much, and we'd like to think she loves us too. I was just curious to know Domesticated hedgehog Hedgehog Erinaceidae Comfort Fawn
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Eye Organism
Purple Textile Sleeve Plant Comfort
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Fawn Whiskers
Joint Hedgehog Comfort Textile Erinaceidae
Hedgehog Erinaceidae Comfort Neck Textile

Hedgehog Erinaceidae Comfort Neck Textile

Hedgehog Erinaceidae Domesticated hedgehog Fawn Whiskers

Domesticated hedgehog Hedgehog Erinaceidae Comfort Fawn

·
Registered
Holly is 3 years old. Super cuddly and loving.
2,253 Posts
Hedgehogs can be vocal, the noise defintly sounds like it could be her happy noise!

As for putting her head between your fingers it could be that she is just burrowing to hide her head on you - since you have her out in the open and not under a blanket a lot in the pictures. Or she could just be letting you know she likes it.

My girl never did the same thing, but she certainly had her ways to tell me she liked something I was doing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I got our little african pygmy hedgehog back at the end of Jan, when she was 8 weeks old

Now 6 months old, she is a happy healthy lil hoggle who likes to spend late night playing on her big wheel then spend the day sleeping while my wife and I are at work. then after dinner time, I wake her up softly with sound of my voice and pull back her fleece and after a kibble, pick her up and she's sit on mines or my wives chest and cuddle in and nap some more.
Or if we need both hands, like when I want to game, in her snuggie and she sleeps near top to keep an eye on things.

My main question is this.

When holding her in my hands near my chest, she's happily sit while I pet her or give her a little chest tickle. She's make cute wiffling noises and put her head between two of my fingers, I originally though this meant she wants to be petted gently across the head. But does anyone else hedgehog do this? What does it mean??

We love her very much, and we'd like to think she loves us too. I was just curious to know View attachment 95924 View attachment 95925 View attachment 95926 View attachment 95928 View attachment 95927 View attachment 95929
View attachment 95929
View attachment 95925
View attachment 95926
View attachment 95928
View attachment 95924
View attachment 95926 View attachment 95925
My Rosa is doing the same, puting her head between my fingers. Sometimes she try all of my fingers. I guest that she likes playing. About, patting her on her head, I assume that she preferred the sides of her nose. She sleeps with her leg touching that part. Anyway she really enjoy your company.​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts