Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently adopted an old albino hedgie from a pet store. I have no clue about her age, and the people at the store don't know either, but she's very tame and has very good manners. She's basically a puppy in a spiky body.

Since I got her, she's been very active and shows no signs of any problem, emotionally and physically. But, her body does seem to hang a little low at the back, like she's bending her knees when she runs, and she runs a LOT. She's on her wheel all night long, and she runs around my room for hours

It might be worth noting that she lived in a very tiny cage with a male, they told us that she was recently pregnant but aborted the babies, and she's not a huge fan of balling, but she can. She's also a bit of a chubber, she loves her food. All her treats for good behavior may have fattened her up a little, so, could that be the cause?

Since I know nothing of her bloodline and upbringing, I'm really scared that the lazy hind legs may be the start of her getting wobbly hedgehog syndrome.

I've only had her for a month or so but I love her so much, she's so tame and responds to my voice and anoints on my clothes and since she's the first hedgie I've ever owned, I'm just a little scared. Some advice would be much appreciated.

(Since I'm new, I hope this is in the right forum)

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
It's more likely that's she's pregnant than the chance of her having whs. Any time a female is in contact with a male you have to assume she's pregnant. Read up on babies here on the forum and prepare as if you know she's pregnant. You can count 55 days from the day you got her and if she doesn't have babies by then then she isn't pregnant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts