Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had friends tell me she's Algerian and others tell me she isn't...how do you tell for sure? What, exactly, are the marks of an Algerian hedgehog? She's a light (dark eyed) cinnacot, so it's hard to tell. Here is a picture... I thought it showed her face the best, but let me know what you think. If you need more pictures (closer up, of the face, etc.) let me know, or go to my site: www.freewebs.com/hogblog. There are pictures under 'Photo Gallery'. Thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well, from what I've heard (and don't take my word for it), If there aren't dark patches on the cheeks, then it's not an Algerian. I'm not sure, though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I looked at your Blog site and there is one picture (of her in the towel), that looks like there might be faint masking. But all the others, I don't see any mask. The rule is this: if the hedgie has cheek patches (even very faint ones), it is considered an Algerian. If it has NO masking, then it is definitely a WhiteBellied.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm seeing enough of a mask in your blog pics plus the muzzle color is too dark for a White-Bellied Brown, so in answer to your question, yes, she is Algerian - Algerian Brown to be exact :)

Bryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts