Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, one of my little hedgehogs passed away. It happened very quickly, so we were all surprised, but since then my other hog has been acting really depressed. They've been living together for a while now, and the only time they were separated before for a few months he acted kinda strange too, but nothing to this extent. The morning before my other hog passed I ordered them a very large rabbit cage, and I've since moved him into it but it doesn't look like he's even explored it at all. I left his food bowl outside of his house, and it looks like he's only been pooping and peeing in the same area as his food and house, which he's never done before. He usually takes his business elsewhere to a different corner. I also bought him lots of new toys and little houses to explore, but he barely even leaves his old house. He used to come out the second the lights turned off in my room, but now I don't hear him moving around at all at night. He's also barely touched his food for days, and even refuses mealworms, his favorite snack. I'm really concerned, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before with their hogs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.