Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help me? I have no idea what's going on with him. He's just over a year old. And he can barely walk. He will no longer eat dried food, and even the food I do feed him, has to be put right next to him or hand fed. He falls to the side occasionall, and he just won't get back up. I also have to hold his water for him to drink. I have tek hedgehogs, Sonic (original I know) and Blaize. This never happened to sonic so I have no idea what to do. Is it WHS??? And he also kind of sneezes. I've also noticed he makes a ticking noise with his mouth.

·
Administrator
8,486 Posts
This is not WHS. it sounds like he's sick and probably has an upper respiratory infection and nds to SE a vet asap. When they get to the point where he is it's an emergency. I would get him to the vet today if possible. He's not going to get better on his own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I was not able to get him to a vet. I had plans to go this weekend. But he died on Tuesday... I didn't even see this reply otherwise I would tried to go sooner. But the closest vet that deals with hedgehogs is 5+ hours away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts