Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
In Amy's cage I usually have a CHE, but it stopped working and the new one will arrive in like 7 days. Since it is getting colder (20-23°C/68-73.4°F) I can't leave her without any heat. Is it okay if during those 7 days I use like a basking light during the day and a blue heat light at night? It's the only type of heat source my local pet store provides (aside from heating mats).
Thank you in advance :D

·
Registered
Holly is a female African Pygmy Hedgehog. She weighs about 463g and was born May 28, 2019.
557 Posts
I think those temperatures you listed are fine! My room gets down to 63 sometimes and I have a blanket over my hedgehog and her heat lamp on and she is fine. If your room without a heat lamp stays between 68-73.5, for a few days it should be okay. If she gets cold, you can snuggle her with your body temperature :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you are really worried and have access to a place that sells small space heaters, maybe try one of those. I have used them in the winter time most nights without any problems. I use mats for heat, but like to keep the room at a nice 75-77 degrees F. for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
In Amy's cage I usually have a CHE, but it stopped working and the new one will arrive in like 7 days. Since it is getting colder (20-23°C/68-73.4°F) I can't leave her without any heat. Is it okay if during those 7 days I use like a basking light during the day and a blue heat light at night? It's the only type of heat source my local pet store provides (aside from heating mats).
Thank you in advance :D
yeah my house is always 68 degrees
and Mr lou loves to snuggle up under the his fleece blanket. I also just throw a large blanket if need be over the top of his house to keep any draft out. every hog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts