Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my boy Zuko for a little over 2 months now and I’m not sure of his exact age but I think he is around 6 months old. I noticed a few days ago that his penis looked red and bigger than usual. When I did research I thought that it was the result of hedgie “boy time” but it seems that it is staying that way even when I have him out for 30 min to an hour. He seems to be eating and drinking normally and his activity is normal. His enclosure is in my room and I stay up pretty late so I can hear him running in his wheel. I’m wondering if it is potentially an irritation because I did switch bedding around the time it appeared, or if it is something more serious! It seems different than all the other posts I’ve seen about penile issues.
Hedgehog Domesticated hedgehog Erinaceidae Virginia opossum Vertebrate

·
Registered
23 Posts
What kind of bedding did you switch to?

Maybe some of it got dragged in with penis. I just got a boy hedgie, and the breeder told me that a bath could make him take the penis out to pee and the water could help it get off.

I dont know if thats the issue, but maybe try a bath and see if something gets off it :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts