Wilbur 🦔 Male African Pygmy Hedgehog 🐾 born Spring 2020 🌸 ESA 🌟
I've been on hedgehog central for a while now (almost a year I think?) But I haven't introduced me or my hedgehog!
This is Wilbur, a male African Pygmy Hedgehog born in Spring 2020! He's a very curious little guy and prefers exploration over anything else, either trying to be mischievous and sneaky or sitting down and just enjoying the view.
I got him while still living with my parents (or technically they got him and he ended up becoming mine) and it took a long time to bond! Almost A YEAR!!!! 😱
Since then he has become my Emotional Support Animal and we have moved across country for college to study Zoology!
The move was a big change and he became very stressed in the last few weeks before the move (I think because of all the changes and my stress) and has a bit of quill loss because of it 😞 and had a hibernation attempt as well.
But he has made a full recovery and now that we've moved we are going to the vet often for wellness checks! 🥳
Some fun facts:
- he needs a curtain over his litter box or he won't use it! (Privacy 🤭)
- he's currently on a diet! (633 g chunky!!)🍽
- he hates the sound of people on the phone using earbuds!😵💫🎧
- he (of course) loves bugs but has REALLY bad aim! (If they crawl underneath him he gets confused and gives up)🪳
- he's not photogenic! Too much sniffing!!📸
- he loves baths and traveling! 🚿🚗
- he'll stare at me when he wants something (usually bathroom, food, or done with cuddles)🥺