Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I just got my hedgehog yesterday... I love him and so does my whole family, they are more intrigued by him than I am! He's been great so far, he ate all his food the first night in his new home, and his poop is solid and not green at all. He uncurls once he's in my hand and I've already gotten used to his quills.

I did my research on hedgehogs since February, and found a breeder in April... most of what I learned about pet hedgehogs has been from the breeder or from this site, I even ordered a CWS from Reaper. :)

I'll update this thread with more pictures of the hedgie and his cage set-up. The only thing I'm missing is the CWS and a thermostat controlled ceramic heat bulb, which I don't anticipate on needing until fall or winter.

I still haven't decided a name for the little guy, any suggestions? :lol:

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Welcome to HHC and congrats on your new baby!

I don't have any name suggestions except to watch his personality. A lot of times they name themselves. :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Such an adorable little pinto!

Congratulations on him and Welcome to HHC!

Sorry I don't have any name suggestions.
I always said I wanted a little boy named Spunky.
When I got my boy he was a Vander. And he didn't look like a spunky.
I'd watch him and get to know him then decide on a name that fit's him.
Took me almost a month to name my baby girl.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

Sorry for the quality, these are from my phone. I'll use my camera next time.

He bit me last night! He was brought up drinking from a water bottle, and I'm trying to get him to drink from the bowl. I put some water on the tip of my finger and was luring him to the water bowl, and he bit me. :lol: I was worried he wasn't drinking water, but then he got the idea and started drinking for a bit. I'll have to keep enticing him to get to the bowl.

I was thinking of naming him Vandal... he looks like a little thief with his dark mask and ears, and he's constantly licking his lips like he has some mischievous plan. :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
OMG he's so cute!! Congrats on your new hedgie:)
Not sure on names, I had a hard enough time naming Milo lol. Vandal sounds cool though I've never heard that one before.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ohhh I like the name Vandal!!
I like the new pics too.

*hmm... wonders if Vander would notice me calling him Vandal instead* lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not yet, should be coming soon! I ordered a CWS from Reaper.

I want to feed him mealworms as a snack for bonding time, but I'm going to wait until the CWS arrives so he won't gain too much weight.

·
Registered
594 Posts
JerseyDM said:
:lol:

Vander, I like that. :) I really like the name Vandal... idk if it suits the little guy though. We'll see what I come up with.
The girl I got him from named him Vander because his ears were bitten off like (E)Vander Holifield.

But I like Vandal too.
I always said that if Vander ever became a dad I'd have to name a son Tyson. I think now he would need twin boys. Tyson and Vandal. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts