Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have put up a couple posts in regards to my new addition, but she and I both decided it was time for a more formal introduction soooooooo dadadadada.....
[attachment=2:3919vp3h]harriet 013.JPG[/attachment:3919vp3h]
[attachment=1:3919vp3h]harriet 007.JPG[/attachment:3919vp3h]
Miss Harriet!

For anyone who has not read my first post she is 4 years old and I just rescued her from a previous owner who felt she was no longer getting the proper care. She is still getting used to me, but I am trying my best...taking baby steps:) She had a vet visit last week (luckily have an office with two exotic vets very close) and he said she is in great condition: good weight, good temperament compared to hedgies he has owned, no internal parasites, good looking mouth so YYAAYYY. I am changing her over to a fleece lined cage today and if there is still time today she is getting a light bath and a nail trim...back ones are kinda long. I know there is mention of this in another section but rather then reposting same piccies over again can anyone tell me what color she is? Not breeding or anything...just curious.
[attachment=0:3919vp3h]harriet 014.JPG[/attachment:3919vp3h]
Discovering that while she does not seem to "get" mealies she LOVES chicken yum yum :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Is she ever cute! I wish I could meet her and give her lots of loves. Very, very pretty, and her colouring is so vibrant. I'm sure you two will be very happy together. <3

Although, her ears look kind of odd to me...do they look sort of...scaly, to anybody else? ('Scaly' for lack of a better word.)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Awww, she's so cute!

And...
She's got tattered ears.
That can be fixed by gently rubbing lanolin/Vaseline/flax oil/vit e oil on them on a regular basis.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Immortalia said:
And...
She's got tattered ears.
I thought so, but I couldn't be too sure. I'm sure that will clear up, SL, so long as you take Immortalia's advice. <3

<< >> -squeeshe'ssocute-

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Congrats and kudos to you for rescuing her! She seems like such a sweetheart! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for your comments on my new baby:) I do love her so and want to anything and everything that I can to make her life as good as possible. I am going to be fixing up her cage today and will post up new pics of the redo:)

Comments were made about her ears,,,what causes tattered ears? After zooming in really close I can see why they are called that, but what creates it? I already have vaseline, but she is so touchy(like many hedgies) about her face I have been a little apprehensive about touching around her ears as well. However, I want to do anything to make her as perfect as possible. Algerian gray snowflake eh :p That is so cute! I thought she had a really dark nose too and do think she has some great coloring....although i think I will wait to take more up close pics of quills and such after her bath tonight :shock: Should be interesting to say the least

1 - 9 of 9 Posts