Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I'm in the process of getting a hedgie and my mom suggested joining a forum as it is the best place for information. So here I am! I will be getting Marvin from a breeder in Johannesburg and he will be flying him to me here in Cape Town within in the next few days. Marvin is not an African Pygmy Hedgehog as we cannot get them here in South Africa but he is a Madagascan Lesser Tenrec (Madagascan Pygmy Hedgehog).

SUPER excited just a bit nervous about what kind of bedding to use and all that sort of jazz?

As soon as he gets here I'll put up a picture.

Sarah

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Hi Sarah

Congratulations on your upcoming baby. I do suggest you look for sites that deal with tenrecs. They are quite different from hedgehogs and do have some unique care requirements. You will get better information on a tenrec site. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just googled Madagascan Lesser Tenrec and they are so cute, wish they did them here in England!!!

Great name as i am also called Sarah

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am also Sarah! Love the name.

I can't wait to see pictures of Marvin!
But Nancy is right, you might want to look into a forum for that type of hedgie, though I am not sure there is one, so we will support you and Marvin to the best of our capabilities. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is indeed a lovely name!

Thanks for all the responses guys, I am little down in the dumps at the moment as it's proving harder to get him than we originally thought! But I am hanging in there and desperately trying. I love these little fellows.

Will keep you updated - holding thumbs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts