Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So I'm a new hedgie mama, I recently adopted a two adult female hedgehogs named Sophie and Rosie. Both are two years old. Basically, as soon as I brought them home I noticed Rosie had been leaving little droplets of blood. One day I found a large puddle of blood in their cage so I decided to bring her into an exotic animal clinic. They told me to consider having her spayed, so I waited a week to think about that while also keeping track of her bleeding. For the most part it was just small droplets. But twice I found larger puddles of blood. So today I went down to the clinic to schedule the spay surgery but it's not going to be until the 26th of this month.. I checked on my hedges about an hour ago and there was another large spot of fresh blood. I do think spaying is the right decision here but I feel like the 26th is so long away. Is there anything I can do right now to make sure Rosie can hold out until then, or to make her more comfortable? :sad:
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.