Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So I'm a new hedgie mama, I recently adopted a two adult female hedgehogs named Sophie and Rosie. Both are two years old. Basically, as soon as I brought them home I noticed Rosie had been leaving little droplets of blood. One day I found a large puddle of blood in their cage so I decided to bring her into an exotic animal clinic. They told me to consider having her spayed, so I waited a week to think about that while also keeping track of her bleeding. For the most part it was just small droplets. But twice I found larger puddles of blood. So today I went down to the clinic to schedule the spay surgery but it's not going to be until the 26th of this month.. I checked on my hedges about an hour ago and there was another large spot of fresh blood. I do think spaying is the right decision here but I feel like the 26th is so long away. Is there anything I can do right now to make sure Rosie can hold out until then, or to make her more comfortable? :sad:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,486 Posts
I would call the vet back and tell them that you found more blood and are worried that the 26th will be to late. If they can't get you in sooner is there any other vet that could do the surgery earlier? There really isn't anything you can do for her at home other than keep a close eye on her and get her back in if the bleeding continues or gets worse.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top