Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, long time no see!

Two days ago I went to check on Phinneus in the morning and discovered blood on his wheel and little bloody foot prints on this liner and PVC tube. I cleaned everything immediately and gave him a fresh liner, food, water, etc. I gently washed his feet and got a good look at the cut on his back foot that had been the source of the bleeding. I have no idea where it came from as he lives in a fleecey wonderland with only his ceramic dishes, CSW, and ceramic dishes. Anyway, I trimmed his nails and applied some neosporin to the cut. He is eating, drinking, pooping, peeing, and walking fine. I didn't put his wheel in the past two night because I didn't want him to aggravate the cut or risk infection from walking on a poopy wheel. Is it okay to give him his wheel back now on the third night?

·
Administrator
3,585 Posts
Sometimes they just get cuts on their feet. I had a male that got them between his toes from time to time. I never figured out how it happened, it just did. Hedgehog feet typically heal very quickly and only a couple of nights without a wheel is enough. If his foot looks good, if he was mine, I'd give him his wheel back and just continue to monitor the foot closely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts