Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so before i got my hedgie i loovvedd to burn incense in my room. I haven't burned it since i got him because he's in my room and i don't want to get him sick. I'm guessing it's probably not okay to burn it while he's in there because it's not really all that great for humans. Is it okay though if I take him out of my room, burn it, and then bring him in when it's done burning and the smell has settled down? It does leave an after smell but it's pretty mild after a few minutes.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would let the room air out ALOT before bringing him back in...his nose is a lot more sensitive than yours, so a mild aroma to you may be suffocating to him. I have read that even mild candles can be upsetting to a hedgies sensitve nose and i know that incense is alot harsher than candles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay; maybe i'll just burn like half a stick and let it air out a lot. thanks!
i'm still a little cautious though, maybe i'll just take it a little at a time to see how he does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.