Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a Canadian breeder who would like to had some new lineage to my herd. I live near Montreal(Quebec,Canada) and i would like to buy hedgies in USA but i dont know what i need to make them pass the border with no problem :?:

so i was wondering if someone could help me :)

sorry my english is not very good but i hope you understand what i mean :oops:

thank a lot :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one to help me :|

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Sorry, I would help, but I don't know the answer! :? I think maybe Nancy or one of the other Canadian breeders/owners might be able to help out, hopefully they'll see your question soon. Or you might try sending them a private message, too. :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry, but I don't know what it would take to get hedgies across the border. Try contacting the border patrol.

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Phone Canadian Customs and the border crossing where they would be coming across. It should not be a problem but their might be paperwork and possibly a vet certificate required.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank everyone :)

Nancy i was told they would need a health certificate but nothing else :| so i dont know if it all i need or if there is something else :!:

i try to call 3 different number and nobody could give me a answer so ill try again :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does someone can help? I'm interested to learn what we need to travel a hedgie for USA to Canada (in car)...

I think that it will need a vet certificate no more than 10 days before passing the border... but what else?

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
I'd phone customs and verify it with them. It can be difficult to get a straight answer. Also get the name and contact information for the person who tells you what is required and verify the information with the border crossing they will be coming across at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts