Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So i got a hedgehog baby (my second hedgehog), and the next week i realised i was pregnant with my first child.

Im a little scared about all the info i can find online, so i wanna ask if anyone here has experience or know someone who does?

My heart is breaking by the thought of giving him back to the breeder, but i dont know if it could damage my baby to take care of him 馃槩

Registered
I can't think of how it could damage your baby, honestly. You should still be okay to take care of him, as long as you can still clean his cage/wheel regularly, feed/water him, check his heating equipment regularly, and give him the daily cuddles he needs. If that would be too much though while being pregnant that's completely fine and understandable, it's up to you here to know your limits! You can always talk to your doctor if you're still worried too :) Congratulations and good luck!

Registered
I think that as long as you're making sure you're following the proper pet-handling hygiene, neither you or your baby will be at any risk. But like the above reply said, you can always talk to your doctor. And if taking care of your hedgehog becomes too overwhelming at any point, perhaps you can enlist help from a friend or family member, but if not, there's no shame in rehoming your hedgehog to a good home. You and your baby's health comes first. Congratulations!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts