Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bahhh! So I dislocated or subluxed my shoulder and even though it's back in place I have to have my arm in a sling for the week. Along with that, I'm also in pain. Tonight was cage cleaning night and now I can't do it :( My mom has agreed to help feed her and give her fresh water, and clean her wheel but I don't like not cleaning her cage. Is it okay to wait on a full cage cleaning until Tuesday? She's litter trained, so there's no wet fleece in her cage or anything. Also, I'm worried about not bonding with her during this time. I was out of town for several days last week and she's been grumpy with me. Will it be really bad not to have her out until tomorrow or Sunday? I think I can manage one handed, but I'm still in too much pain tonight for that. Will it be okay to just sit next to her cage and pet her a bit tonight?

I'm just really worried about losing her trust or making her stressed/sick with an unclean cage :/

·
Registered
837 Posts
I can relate. I just had a relative pass away unexpectedly so I was out of town and now that I'm back I don't have the energy to do much other than sleep and cry.
What kind of bedding is she on? If its something like carefresh you could try to spot clean where she goes to the bathroom.
It's probably not ideal, but if her cage has to wait until Tuesday, then it'll have to wait. Its great that your mom is cleaning the wheel, which will help a lot.
Take care of yourself and try not to push yourself. The last thing you want is to injure yourself further.

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Everything will be fine! Her world won't end from a couple extra days with old bedding or without long snuggle times. Take care of yourself first in this case. The main things are getting done, and that's awesome your mom is helping! Sounds like her cage isn't too bad as far as messiness, so it should be just fine until next week. Likewise for snuggle time...even if she's grumpy, a couple extra days won't ruin everything. She might need some extra time and snuggles next week and for a little while after to get over it, but she'll be fine. Just rest and don't strain your arm further. :) I hope it heals up quickly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts