Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
I think it's great that your taking in this little one in need of a home. Your getting 2 christmas presents for yourself!! haha. You mentioned that the college you attend has a zoology department that sees exotic animals. Is it student run? Did you find it to be less expensive then an exotics vet? Do they perform major procedures? Do they have a blood lab and such? I'm just curious because I go to a walk in clinic that is student run (there are doctors on but the students really do run it) and I really prefer the students. I find that they are far more determined to find underlaying issues as opposed to just fixing the problem presented. Maybe i'll search the colleges/unis around my area to find one!

· Registered
207 Posts
thanks for the info emily! the vet i take my two exotics to see isn't to expensive just for a check-up (and is great with hedgehogs) but to have any tests done for my chameleon is just outrageous. And chameleons tend to cause more worry then hedgies do. No wonder i grind my teeth at night..... lol. I will definately ask a lot of questions before making any decisions. thanks again! i'd never thought to look for anything like this before :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.