Hedgehog Central banner

IDEA!! kangaroo snuggle pack

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  FloraJane&Friends 
#1 ·
I was holding my hedgie, FloraJane, inside my sweatshirt at my desk. But then I had to get up and do things. I know there are bonding snuggle sacks that you can wear around your neck or carry on your shoulder, but what if I need both hands and don't want the extra bulk around my neck?

I thought of a fanny pack snuggle sack with a removable fleece lining. Of course it would have to be large enough for a hedgie to ball up or stretch out it. But I was considering selling them on my etsy shop. I haven't seen any like this yet.

Good idea? Bad? Any pros or cons that I'm not seeing yet?

I do know there are benefits to bonding in having the animal against the chest, listening to your heartbeat and breathing. So far, that is the only difference I can see to this not working. I would also recommend that it be used only for bonding and small house work, not for taking your pet around town, on errands, etc. I believe hedgies need more room to dig and burrow when taken out in a carrier. Other than that, I would love to hear comments on this idea!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.