Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GUYS HELP ME (T^T) I think my hedgie had her first miscarriage since it is her first time being pregnant. I didn't see anything strange inside her cage. She's feeding well (she has whiskas for her food) and drinks a lot of water. Her stool is okay. But when I saw her cage this morning I found blood with an 3 organ like things (I think it's a fetus) I didn't hear her cry, nor in pain. She doesn't look like weak. She seemed to be active. it's just like normal poop to her. :( I wanna know what are these things. Here in the philippines, we don't have a vet that specializes in hedgies, only dog, cats, birds and rodents T^T I gave her a lot of things that she need.I did a lot of careful research before owning one. I did take care of her well. attached below are the pictures of the organ like (maybe a fetus) and a recent picture of my baby. please help me determine what these are :( thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Sure looks like fetus. How far along was she? Keep close watch on her over the next couple of weeks. Count her kibble to make sure she's eating normally and watch for any behaviour that could indicate illness. She is most likely fine, but best to keep a close watch.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This made me so sad to read. I understand how hard it is to find vets who are willing to help hedgehogs even if they are not their expertise here in the Philippines. An even if you find one, they will be hours away from where you live.

I hope your hedgehog will be okay. =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Nancy! well it's been a week from now since her first miscarriage. She didn't show any changes like not eating or not drinking for a day. she ate all her kibbles. I tried giving her 20 kibbles at 8am, then from time to time I checked if she's eating. Surprisingly, she ate all those kibbles before 2pm. and she's drinking a lot of water. She doesn't show any sickness and her stool is fine. thank you for the advice! much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi miyonette22! yes there are some vets that are willing to help hedgies even though they are not the field of hedgehog expertise, but I just can't afford to lose my hedgie's life from them. :( I tried searching for some vets here in manila but I just can't find one :( so, I am doing my very best to take care of my hedgehogs. Thank you!! She's fine now :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i am new here, i was google searching about hedgehog miscarriage. i came across to this forum and seems like my friend have this problem same as yuzuki's hedgehog. i would like to know what causes the hedgehog to miscarry as my friend's hedgie is only 7months old and its her first pregnancy. thanks :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
She might have fallen from something during her pregnancy? I'm from the Philippines too and it really is hard to find a vet, we tried calling clinics that specialize in small animals, even exotic animals but none responded to hedgies...

It brings sadness to my hearet just looking at those pics

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am from malaysia :)
vets are easy to be found, but vets to see a hedgehog is hard. some of the vets would act like as though they know about hedgehog and gave the wrong medication.
are there any other possible reasons to cause the hedgehog to miscarriage? my friend told me he handles her properly with care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts