Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bean slept until about 10:30pm tonight. Usually he is awake right as the sun goes down.
I woke him up just to check on him, and now he is running and eating and drinking like normal.

Should I be worried that he slept in so late? Could he possibly be too cold?

***just a little side note, I had him out at about 12:30 in the afternoon until about 3:00, but from about 1:30-3:00 he slept on my chest. And another thing, to my knowledge, he has never slept in like this before

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't think it's anything to be concerned about! Sometimes Henry wakes up on his own at 1am and sometimes not until as late at 3. He seems to never keep any of his habits totally consistent.

By the way...love the name Bean! Cute!

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeaaaaahh my hedgie has a very weird schedule. I live in a basement apartment and its fairly dark down there. She usually wakes up around between 11AM and 2PM, stays up all day and is in bed all night. I work Days, so when I get home at like 9PM or so, she is fast asleep. - thats when i have all the lights on and i am active.

·
Registered
586 Posts
sbuogr ~ Don't you have her on a 12-14 hour light schedule with a timer? A light should be on her all day long and off after the 12-14 hours. That's when she will get up and play. If not, she may get sick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts