Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm new to the hedgie world and apparently the food i give my hedgie is not good quality!! :S I'm from Mexico, could someone help me figure out what brand or food I could give her??

·
Registered
677 Posts
are those the brands they can or can't eat?? because whiskas says it has chicken by-product?
That particular list is the "complete" list (I'm sure some brands aren't on it) -- meaning that it has all the foods the author had information on at the time, both good and bad.

Because we don't know exactly what's available to you, we can't tell you what to go out and buy. So octopushedge provided a quick resource for you to use in you own research and comparisons.

So, here's what you do...

1. Read this Beginner's Guide to Nutrition to learn what you're looking for, what to avoid, and how to read a label.

2. Do some hands-on research to see what's available in your area. This means you go to the stores near your home or check out websites where you can order food.

3. Use the list provided as well as any information you gather yourself to choose the food(s) you'd like to try.

If you ask us about specific foods -- and if you do, it helps to provide the guaranteed analysis and list of ingredients -- individually or as part of a mix, many of us can gladly help you determine if you're on the right track, but it's really best if you make the initial choices.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/12-diet-nutrition/23042-recommended-foods-list.html

This is the short list of recommended foods. I know, it's only US and Europe. But if you find those foods on a trip to the pet store. Also it may be possible for the pet store to order the food for you. Just for example sake, say a store carries blue buffalo dog food and not cat food. They could possibly order the food of your choice.

Also don't discredit dog food in a mix. Once you understand the basics of nutrition for them and reading labels you start to understand the picture on the front of the package doesn't mean much. The only thing with dog food is most of it needs broken down into smaller pieces.

Good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts