Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey could some one please show me or tell me a website of a hedgehog cage please! And i would really love it if someone showed pics of their cages so I could get a feel of what I should get.

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks sorry i am new @ this :/

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same problem also. I went on to Youtube and typed in hedgehog cages for some inspiration and c=I clicked on this one that says HEDGEHOG CARE- ANNIE'S CAGE. Her cage is soooooo amazing and she gives you links to everything that you need. She uses C&C cages ( coroplasts and cubes)
Hope that helped! :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is and where can u get c&c?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes those are the right shelving units.

My girls both have custom C&C cages with a shelving unit attached with zipties for the openable lid. http://hedgehogcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1860&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=100

I recently bought this cage for my new boy Oakley, though and I love it!!

http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/category/default.aspx?maincatid=27&subcat=4&submenu=0&catid=142

It costs from $40-$60 depending on where you buy it from and comes with the bottom, the sides, the lid, and the cage divider with ramp which lets you portion off a separate litter/wheel area. I will post pictures on the cage examples thread soon!

The only thing is that because it's so open you either need 2 150W ceramic heat emitters (like I have) or to insulate the sidings yourself with plastic sheets (I will probably do this in the winter time). Also the sides are a little low, but becasue Oakley's so small they are high enough for him and he can't get over them to climb. However if your hedgie is bigger you might need to make the sides higher with some coroplast.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok jw

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Looking at Hedgehogs By Vickie's cages make me cringe- I swear something inside me dies every time I imagine what unfortunate hedgies those must be to live in them.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
LizardGirl said:
Looking at Hedgehogs By Vickie's cages make me cringe- I swear something inside me dies every time I imagine what unfortunate hedgies those must be to live in them.
I can completely relate on that note, unfortunately. Sad how some people just don't gave a care as to how their "loved furry [or in this case quilly] members of the family" live and don't give them the proper space to live in. :(

edit: typed to fast. spelling/grammar

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i was just wondering cuz since u know abt me ending up w/2 instead of just 1 so i want 2 get Fabio the boy a better cage since he is in the fish tank the old owner gave me. i dont know where 2 buy c&c

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks thats what i am going 2 go get and i have another question, what wheel and what size wheel should i get? i try 2 look @ ppls cages but so many ppl have different options

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank u : )

1 - 20 of 40 Posts