Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a thread somewhere on things to know/ask/do when going for a wellness check up, but I can't find it. I remember coming across it before I ever got my baby. Anyone know where it is?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one thanks. I wish there was more information though. Someone should start a new thread with this information. :) preferably before I need to go to the vet. Lol

·
Registered
695 Posts
We are taking Henry for his first wellness check up tomorrow! He is about six months now and no health problems (knock on wood) from anything I have seen so I'm more just curious to have a vet check him out and of course have some paperwork on file just in case we ever end up needing to bring him in again. I did my research and when I called to set up an appointment the staff was friendly (which I always think is important) and I was told a few of their vets have experience with exotics. I feel fortunate as I have read many threads where people are forced to drive quite a ways for a vet that doesn't even necessarily have much experience with hedgies. And of course I looked up the vet we got scheduled with and she looks great. I will probably post once we get back from the appointment...I noticed Nevada doesn't have any vets listed on HHC yet so if all goes well I will post on that thread. Anyways I was glad this popped up just now, a refresher on things never hurts!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I really just want to be " in the system" for emergencies, since it's an hour long drive. Of course if it can't wait the local vet will check him out, but he isn't an exotic vet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts