Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I was trying to get Achilles out so I could handle him, and I took off the top of his igloo (I never actually put it on anymore) and he got all quilly, so I put my hand infront of him so he knew that I wasn't rying to hurt him. and he put his quills down and started sniffing my fingers, and then licking, and then he chomped, I knew it wasm't a "trying to be mean and scary bite", He started with a few nips, and then on the last bite, he put my whole fingertip in his mouth and CHOMP (although it didn't hurt, considering that I have tough finger tips) although it didn't hurt, and it gave me a scratch on my fingernail, it surprised me, and yet... I found it cute :). Yes, I know, I'm wierd.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know,I just let him do it.
Also, he bit me again ealier, and this time he broke the skin :shock:

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't just let him do it, even if it's not an aggressive bite, just one because your fingers smell delicious. If he gets used to biting, he may try to bite one of your friends or family members, who, if they're not expecting it and don't have as thick skin as you, may drop him.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... Why don't people mention this before?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I haven't heard a thing about it.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Type " bite biting" in the search window in the hedgie behaviour section, and you will get at LEAST 28 results. With LOTS of great advice on how to deter future hedgie bites. I'm sure the other sections (ie, General Questions has 5 results) would also have info on it as well.

Take the time to search through the forums, there are LOTS of great information and advice that could be buried by newer stuff. Biting should also be common sense...Normally, people don't like biting animals and would wish to deter it.... (Unless it's totally adorable babies that are trying to suckle your fingers *raises her guilty flag* :roll: And even then, people draw the line quickly). Biting is usually almost always considered "bad" behaviour and should not be encouraged(certain situations are different... ie...intruder in house, animal bites intruder).

So whether people have mentioned it or not, it should be common sense that pets should not bite their sla....erm....owners.... >.> ..... <.< ...... Because who else would they have to feed and coddle and dote over their every need? ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amy said:
Sticks I talked to you about my hedge biting in the chat. Were you even reading? XD
Watchyu talkin 'bout?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aleshea said:
MyGuitarSticks said:
Well I haven't heard a thing about it.
LOL! Where did you escape from?
The circus... isn't as fun as it sounds... lol :lol:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts