Hedgehog Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the pet store to get more mealworms and saw that they had a small albine hedgie so I walked over to see her and she was so sweet but ice cold she was in a 10 gallon fish tank with bark bedding like you would use for a lizzard when I asked the owner how she could keep an animal like this she got mad at me. I was not leaving her there so I told the lady she could give me her for cheap or I would turn her in to the aspca so she did . I took the baby to the vet and she is fine now but she is under weight so I have her on kitten food to fatten her up a little she is about 6-7 months old but looks like she is 4-5 months old. Its just so sad that people can treat animals like this!! Oh I called the aspca anyways they will be watchin the pet stor now thank god.

hear is a pic of our new Hanna!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Way to go....I hope they learn their lesson and learn about the animals that they sell. And I hope they learn the best lesson of all...Dont cross a human owned by a hedgie!!!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got that right! I gave her a bath before i took her pic but you should have seen how dirty she was! I new if I left her there one more day she would have died.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What an awesome thing to do! I used to do that when I went to buy hamster bedding or food, and would see either a clearly pregnant mama or a small, hurtetc.. ham. I just stopped going there since it would break my heart every time. Im glad Hanna is home and happy now! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts