Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a little over a year of researching and saving, I went and got my little girl on Thursday. I went to Millermeade and it was excellent. Played with a couple different girls and found the one that suited me best. She was smaller than the others and very curious to run around and smell me.

She's settling in really nicely. A total grump when I wake her up to check on her in the morning and at night she mostly likes to just lay on my belly. I'm pretty sure she's already pretty used to smell because my older sister came over to meet her today and she turned right around back to me after smelling her.

She hates being on her back but unrolls nicely when I flip her over. Loves running and making a mess. I think she's getting her first foot bath tonight. I was told she was somewhere in between 6-8 weeks which I know is young but if anyone has color ideas, feel free to share.

Oh I almost forget. Her name is Spork. But I've been calling her little girl more than Spork :)

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
She's just too cute!
Her color is very pretty also ;)
you could take a look at this site and see if you can match her color up with any of the pic's
http://www.hedgehogcolors.com/

She is young but you can usually start telling at 9 weeks, so she is close.
At least you can narrow it down and know she's not a albino :lol:

And Little Girl is a cute name, id go with the name that sounds best when you call her by it.
Oh, and post some pics of her cage!!!
I love seeing peoples cages :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congratulations on your little girl! She is very cute. I especially like the third picture-it reminds me of how my dog looks when she goes into a play bow.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What a little cutie, she is a lovely colour, quite light, and that 3rd picture is just adorable, lil grump. My little boy is a grump aswel when woken hehe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha, thank you all so much. I'm for sure in love.

Yeah, I was convinced I was going to name her Jabber but I thought of Spork one night and instantly changed my mind. A nod to her spikey characteristics while still keeping her glorious originality. And of course, I have to add just a couple more of my favorite pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Congratulations! Love the name spork, very original! She has such a cute little mask! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts