Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOday was the first time I cut Pricks nails. Last time I had it done I took him to breeder I got him from and she did all of his nails in no time and I had to stop her so I could try cutting the nails on my own so she could see me do it.

Well this time I got 3 nails to close and they started bleeding. he is in his cage running right now. I just cleaned it. Im going to go lay down a small layer of flower for him though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
To avoid somethings like that you can give him a feet bath before trim his nails ,,then you can see exactly where to cut the nails cause the nails are realy clear when you take him off the bath ,,,,,
Don't be to worry ,,,all the peoples make somethings like that , the first time ,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
8,950 Posts
Don't try doing all the nails at one time. I consider I'm doing well if I get one nail cut on some hedgehogs. Once you cut one nail too short, that is the time to quit and try again a few days later.

It does get easier with experience but some hedgehogs are very difficult to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.