Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so its been like 2 weeks that i have DeCaf and the breeder (sunshine quill hedgehogs) gave me a zip lock bag (sandwich size) of the food she was feeding him. Royal Canin kitty. well the little bag was half way down so i went to buy more and instead i got the Royal Canin babycat. and i opened it so i cannt return it. the difference is that the babycat is higher in fat. do you think i should mix a little in the bag of the food the breeder give me since its half way? or what do i do with this bag of babycat?

·
Premium Member
11,963 Posts
With 24% fat, I don't think you should be feeding him the babycat formula. You might see if they'll take it at your local pet shelter. You won't get any money for it, but at least it wouldn't go to waste.

·
Registered
754 Posts
You could see if SQH would take the food? As a breeder, I use Baby Cat all the time. And if Decaf is a little baby, that food will not be bad for him.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Where did you get the food? Both petco and Petsmart have a 30 day return policy even if the bag is opened and some has been used. and if you have your reciept they will give you a cash refund, if not it is store credit only. If you didnt get it from one of these, you might consider it next time since we can sometimes get a really picky little bugger :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he's two months, but i was thinking maybe it would be a little too fattening.
i have 2 cats maybe i'll just give it to them.

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
As a breeder I also feed babycat to my babies till they are about 8 weeks old..then slowly start to add in new foods...I also add a bit to the food for my smaller guys...and any pregnant or nursing mothers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts