Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Re: I'm thinking about getting a liner, but I'm still not sure.

I tried the liners, and was a bit confused as to why so many people like them. My hedgies would walk around in their cage and end up with POOPIE FEET all the time. By using shavings or pellets (we prefer Yesterday's News), they end up walking the poopie OFF their feet. I'd absolutely LOVE to use the liners, because they are less mess to clean up (around the cages). But I just couldn't stand seeing my little hedgies walking around with dried poopie on their feet all the time. I tried litter box training and no luck with any of them. When I would try to spot clean a liner, it would just smear and make things worse. When I spot clean litter, I take a tissue and grab up the poop and all the surrounding litter and throw it in the trash. I have absolutely no issues with washing the lines in our washing machine, so that thought never crossed my mind. I've also found that when I use litter, they will come out of their igloo and poop on the other side of their cage. When I was trying out the liners, I constantly found poopie inside the igloo where they were sleeping. Thus, I not only had poopie feet, but also had to deal with poop all over their quills. I'm open to suggestions and would love it, if I could resolve these issue and use liners instead of litter.

Pixie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.