Hedgehog Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a liner, but I'm still not sure.

I am thinking about getting a liner for my hedgehogs cadge. I am sick of having hedgehog fluff (hedgehog fluff is what we all call CareFresh) all over. I also think that a liner would save me a lot of money because I won't have to buy bags of CareFresh every few weeks. I have so many reasons to switch but I'm still not sure if I want one.
Here are a few of my questions:
1. How often do you have to wash them?
2. Would a white fleece blanket folded to fit the cadge work as a liner?
3. Is there a way to make burrowing possible with out bedding like CareFresh?
4. I don't know if I like the idea of putting something covered in hedgehog crap in the washer; is there a different, easy way to wash a liner?
5. If I have to wash it in the washer would it be ok to put it with my whites and use bleach on it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: I'm thinking about getting a liner, but I'm still not sure.

I made two light blue liners yesterday. To my dismay I discovered that Herisson is not nearly as litter box trained as I thought. This morning the liner was filthy. I also found a bit of green on the liner, could this just be from the stress of the bedding change or could the diarrhea be indicating a health issue (again :().

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.